What is “Custom Field for Users”?
It is an user created field, in addition to default & system provided fields. e.g. Apart from default system fields such as Email Id, Reports To , etc; if your organization wants to have “Employee Id” or “SSN Number” as a custom field, you can create it through Admin Tab. These custom fields for Users will appear in Users Details Page. (Home>Home>My Profile>Right side section of workspace)
1. As you navigate through Admin Tab to Customize field for Users, you will find following page:
2. As you will see, you add upto five (5) custom fields to Users information. These fields can be enabled or disables as illustrated below.
3. To Add custom Field for Issue Information click on 'Add Custom Field' button on top-right of the Admin Workspace.
4. As you click on it, it will pop-up a Add Custom Field box as depicted below
5. In the top section of 'Add Custom Field' box, type in
1. Name of custom field
2. Type of custom field (more about Type below)
6. You can tick through the checkbox whether to enable or disable the custom field being created.
7. If you enable the field, it will be shown in Users Profile page as well in the Admin Tab> Users Setup>Select Users>Users> Edit, else it will not be shown to any user.
8. The bottom section of 'Add Custom Field' will change according to the type of custom field selected.
Note: With recent change in UI, additional user information has been moved to another tab in the same window.
Know more about project portfolio management, Gantt chart, best project management tool, project management office, project management tips, project planning guide, project risk management, project scope management, effective project management, project manager guides and know more about Project Portfolio Management Software, Project Management Software Guide.