What is “Custom Field for Issue”?
It is an user created field, in addition to default & system provided fields. e.g. Apart from default system fields such as Issue Status, Issue Priority, etc; if your organization wants to have “Component” as a custom field, you can create it through Admin Tab. These custom fields for project will appear in Project Details Page. (Workspace> Select Project>Overview> Issues> Create Issue or view existing issues)
1. As you navigate through Admin Tab to Customize field for Issues, you will find following page
2. As you will see, you add up to five (5) custom fields to Issues information. These fields can be enabled or disables as illustrated below.
3. To Add custom Field for Issue Information click on 'Add Custom Field' button on top-right of the Admin Workspace.
4. As you click on it, it will pop-up a Add Custom Field box as depicted below
5. In the top section of 'Add Custom Field' box, type in
1. Name of custom field
2. Type of custom field (more about Type below)
6. You can tick through the checkbox whether to enable or disable the custom field being created.
7. If you enable the field, it will be shown in Issue details page as well when you create a new issue, else it will not be shown to any user.
8. The bottom section of 'Add Custom Field' will change according to the type of custom field selected.