What is “Custom Field for Task”?
It is a user created field, in addition to default & system provided fields. e.g. Apart from default system fields such as Task Name, Start Date, Due Date, etc; if your organization would like to track some specific information at task level, user can create it through Admin Tab. These custom fields for project will appear in Task Details tabs as shown below. (Workspace> Select Project> Tasks> Project Schedule > Custom Field tab in the bottom
1. As you navigate through Admin Tab to Customize field for task, you will find following page
2. As you will see, you add up to seven (7) custom fields to task information. These fields can be enabled or disables as illustrated below.
3. To Add custom Field for Task Information click on 'Add Custom Field' button on top-right of the Admin Workspace.
4. As you click on it, it will pop-up a Add Custom Field box as depicted below
5. In the top section of 'Add Custom Field' box, type in
1. Name of custom field
2. Type of custom field (more about Type below)
6. You can tick through the checkbox whether to enable or disable the custom field being created.
If you enable the field, it will be shown in Task details page.
Note: The custom field for task will be visible to project owner and not its project team members.