Add/Delete custom Fields for Project Details
What is “Custom Field for Project”?
It is an user created field, in addition to default & system provided fields. e.g. Apart from default system fields such as Project Start Date, Project Name, etc; if your organization wants to have “Release” as a custom field, you can create it through Admin Tab. These custom fields for project will appear in Project Details Page. (Workspace> Select Project>Overview> Project Details> Project Custom Fields)
1. As you navigate through Admin Tab to Customize field for Project, you will find following page:
2. As you will see, you add upto five (5) custom fields to projects information. These fields can be enabled or disables as illustrated below.
3. To Add custom Field for Project Information click on 'Add Custom Field' button on top-right of the Admin Workspace.
4. As you cilck on it, it will pop-up a Add Custom Field box as depicted below
5. In the top section of 'Add Custom Field' box, type in
1. Name of custom field
2. Type of custom field (more about Type below)
6. You can tick through the checkbox whether to enable or disable the custom field being created.
7. If you enable the field, it will be shown in Project details page, as well as the create project menu. If you do not enable this field, it will not be shown to any user.
8. The bottom section of 'Add Custom Field' will change according to the type of custom field selected.
What is the “Type of Custom Field”?
With ZilicusPM, you can create four types of custom fields as follows
e.g. If you name
Name of custom field : 'Administration Budget in
Type of Custom Field : Number
Number of decimal places : two (2)
Minimum Value : 200
Maximum Value : 10000
The values you can enter will be within the range of 200<=X<=10000 & X can be 1570.20
Know more about project portfolio management, Gantt chart, best project management tool, project management office, project management tips, project planning guide, project risk management, project scope management, effective project management, project manager guides and know more about Project Portfolio Management Software, Project Management Software Guide.