Navigate Projects> Select a Project > Click on 'Go To Workspace' link > Project Workspace > Documents bar in left panel > Select a given folder to which you want to add file > Click on 'Add Document' button on the top-right side of workspace
Link an existing Google DocumentsTM to project in ZilicusPM
1. As you click on ‘Add Document’ you will see three options as given below <img>
2. To link an existing Google Document to ZilicusPM, select second option ‘Add Existing Google Document’
3. As you select ‘Add Existing Google Document’ option, you will be asked to select file. You can select existing Google Document by clicking on ‘Browse Google Docs’
4. Once you click on ‘Browse Google Docs’, a list of Google Documents accessible to your Google account will be enlisted
5. Select a desired Google Document & click on Ok
6. You can add description to the document (optional)
7. Click on Send/ Upload button to confirm upload of the document.
Upload new document as Google DocumentsTM to project in ZilicusPM
1. As you click on ‘Add Document’ you will see three options as given below
2. To upload a new document (stored locally or on-network) as a Google Document to project in ZilicusPM, select second option ‘Upload New Google Document’
3. As you select ‘Upload New Google Document’ option, you will be asked to select file. You can select a file present on local drive or network drive by clicking on ‘Browse’
4. Once you select desired file to upload by clicking on it;
5. You can add description to the document (optional)
6. Click on Send/ Upload button to confirm upload of the document.
Error while uploading file to Google Docs:
You may see an error message while uploading files to Google Docs through ZilicusPM which states ‘The upload was cancelled because there was an error in the server. Server error is: ‘
“Upload of this file type is not supported through ZilicusPM. Instead directly upload it to Google Docs.”
In our experience, this is a known issue. Since Google supports only certain file types upload through third party applications like ZilicusPM.
The alternative in such case is to directly upload document to Google Docs by logging in to Google Documents web interface.
Know more about project portfolio management, Gantt chart, best project management tool, project management office, project management tips, project planning guide, project risk management, project scope management, effective project management, project manager guides and know more about Project Portfolio Management Software, Project Management Software Guide.